On February 26th 1880 Daresbury became a separate Anglican parish1. Rev, John Barclay continued in office until January 1885 when he resigned because of ill health. He died on August 25th 1886. Holy Trinity church was further enlarged in 18882.
In 1885 the Old Hall in High Street, adjacent to John Johnson's previous home, Bank House, was demolished and on its site was built a Salvation Army Citadel3.The citidel itself was demolished in the mid 20th C. and the Lloyds Bank now (2015) sits on the site.